How To Become a Yoga Instructor
If you are wondering how to become a yoga instructor, this article will help you identify the benefits of doing so, as well as the key steps that you need to undertake to become a yoga teacher.
How to become a yoga instructor
Yoga has been identified as a growing industry that has experienced consistent growth over the past decade with a thirty percent increase in yoga participation in the US alone over a five-year period. By the end of 2012, there were 20.4 million people spending in excess of $27 billion on yoga products and participating in yoga activities in the United States. The yoga trend is a worldwide one with similar participation rates across the western world.
Yoga is recognized worldwide as a healthy activity that maintains body mind and soul. It has been taught in one form or another for at least 5000 years. Instructors can look forward to a rewarding life of helping others while maintaining their own physical and emotional fitness.
If you’re wondering about how to become a yoga instructor, you obviously need to enjoy yoga and obtain some instruction on becoming a yoga teacher. The process is relatively simple.
Don’t delay - enroll in the Certificate In Yoga Teacher Online Course today!
How to Get Certified In Yoga
There are many reasons to want to become a certified yoga teacher and they revolve around either wanting to get a more thorough understanding of the practice itself or a desire to share the art with others. Becoming a yoga teacher requires commitment and discipline. A structured online course can help make the experience rewarding and enjoyable.
The Certificate in Yoga Teacher Online Course is structured to give prospective yoga teachers a well-rounded understanding of yoga principles and the successful participant will receive a certificate stating their achievement.
How Long Does It Take To Become a Yoga Instructor
In order to become a yoga instructor, it’s a good idea to have spent some time learning the art itself. Typically, yoga teachers are expected to spend at least two hundred hours in a classroom setting or they can opt to undertake the course at their own pace with an online course.
The beauty of this option is that you can work to your own schedule without the hassle of changing your routine to meet class times.
How to Become a Certified Yoga Instructor Online
Yoga certification online is a simple process of choosing one of the yoga instructor courses online. A great choice is a Certificate in Yoga Teacher Online Course. The course will give you all the knowledge and skills to run yoga classes in an efficient and professional manner. On completion, you will be provided with a certificate acknowledging your achievement.
How Much Does a Yoga Instructor Make?
As with all businesses, yoga allows motivated business people to make substantial money. The average hourly rate for yoga instructors in the United States is $27 per hour, while in Australia the hourly rate of $32.50. Yoga instructors who choose to run their own business can make substantially more than that, however, there is a case of risk and reward with every person who opts to run their own business.
When working for an established yoga practice you can expect the yoga instructor salary to be around the hourly rates stated above.
Learn to Become a Yoga Instructor
You can learn to become a yoga instructor by enrolling in some online courses that will equip you with all the skills necessary to teach yoga professionally.
At Courses for Success, you can choose from a range of yoga courses including.
- Certificate in Yoga teaching Online Course
- Diploma In Kundalini Yoga Online Course: Heal Grow And Change Through Kundalini Yoga
- Diploma In Yoga Online Course
- Kundalini Yoga Online Bundle
- Yoga Teacher Online Bundle
This range of courses offers you the flexibility to choose the best pathway for you to learn how to become a yoga instructor.
What Are the Steps to Become a Yoga Instructor?
Once you’ve decided that you would like to become a yoga instructor, you need a clear pathway to reach your goal.
The most basic requirement in becoming a yoga instructor or yoga teacher is to learn and understand yoga.
There are many different forms of yoga and to become a confident instructor it will be necessary to gain an understanding of the different forms. Ashtanga, Anusara, Hatha, Vinyasa, and Bikram yoga are just a few of the different forms. It is recommended that you learn all of these to find the one that best suits your needs.
Once you have a good grounding in yoga and regard yourself as competent, you then need to take a yoga teaching course to gain certification as a yoga teacher.
Typically, a face to face course will require at least 200 hours of course time involvement. Alternatively, you can elect to take an online course that will cover all aspects of yoga teaching and allow you to work at your own pace and to your own schedule.
Once certified, yoga instructors may need to register with a national body to gain credibility as a reliable and credible yoga instructor.
To maintain your registration it may be necessary to complete regular training to increase your skills and freshen up your knowledge.
Yoga Instructor Courses Online
A great way to become a yoga instructor is to tap into the convenience of online courses.
Consider the benefits of opting to use online courses to become a yoga instructor.
1) Cost: To participate in a face to face yoga instructor course will cost thousands of dollars. You can obtain a certificate in Yoga Teaching for $199 and modules about specific elements of yoga can be undertaken at similar prices.
2) Eliminate additional costs: As well as the upfront costs, face to face classes have many hidden costs that need to be factored in. The costs of commuting to class can be considerable. Depending on your circumstances, you might have to factor in travel costs, meal costs and perhaps even childcare costs. You can reduce the stress and eliminate these costs by electing to take an online course, where you literally have a ten-second commute – no travel, no extra meals, and no arranging child care.
3) Time: With an online yoga instructor course, you choose a schedule that best suits your lifestyle. The key here is to work your online course activities into your weekly routine so that the other elements in your life are not compromised. Ultimately, you have the power and control to structure your course participation around your work and family life.
4) Ease of Learning: The very nature of an online course allows you to watch a lesson as many times as you need to. You are in the driver’s seat and can play and replay a lesson as many times as you need to gain the best understanding of yoga instruction.
Get your Yoga certification online. Learn how to become a yoga instructor by starting our online course today, only at Courses for Success.